We Emulate Mii
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wii64 Compatability?

4 posters

Go down

Wii64 Compatability? Empty Wii64 Compatability?

Post  PDXDrifter Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:57 pm

So i installed Wii64 using Home Brew Browser and im unable to load ROMS via USB. Whenever i try to load any files via USB it tells me error opening directory. I set up my directory USB:/wii64/roms but im still unable.

i tried to check the compatability of my wii with the software and i was lead to this site.

PDXDrifter

Back to top Go down

Wii64 Compatability? Empty Re: Wii64 Compatability?

Post  Selim873 Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:30 pm

That's a very common problem I've heard. How about this, use your SD card, I know that you might have very limited space, but the whole community here can do the same, and post their experiences, sharing is caring! I'll start! Very Happy

I recommend European roms because they're easier to emulate because of the 50FPS limit instead of 60FPS like American and Japanese roms. But if you want to post (U) and (J) roms, go ahead! bounce

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (v1.0, Gold Cart) (E) : Near perfect! Occasional slowdowns, barely noticable, weird graphical glitches though, but those won't get in the way.

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (E) : Same as Ocarina of Time, but so far, no weird graphical glitches, so better.

Banjo-Kazooie (E) : *FRAME BUFFER ON* Pretty playable! Except quite a few textures appear solid white, and the intro and cutscenes are slower than they should be, but gameplay is just right.

Banjo-Tooie (E) : *FRAME BUFFER ON* Barely playable... Too slow... Intro cutscene runs just fine though! Slower than the actual retail game like Banjo-Kazooie. Not recommended...
Selim873
Selim873

https://www.youtube.com/PIKACHU49386

Back to top Go down

Post  PDXDrifter Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:39 pm

actually i was able to hook up with another user on gc-forever.com and he helped me troubleshoot my USB hotdrive to the problem. Once i swapped out my 80GB external HD for just a 4GB Kingston Traveler USB drive everything worked great.

I noticed a lot of games i obtained have problems playing on the wii64 emulator. Like they get stuck on the load screen or intro movie, or the backgrounds are missing textures. Would love to see this improve in the near future. LOT of good games i feel like im missing Sad

Now im moving into archiving my Wii games. I discovered i could make 1:1 ratio copies of dual layer wii disks using CleanRip and save the files as an ISO. Im assuming i can burn these to DVD and play them in my wii but i dont have any blank DVDs at the moment so its still a theory. Im sure someone out there would know if this works or if im just an idiot who doesnt know what im doing Razz

PDXDrifter

Back to top Go down

Post  PDXDrifter Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:48 pm

oh yes as for the emulator i notice i cannot play first person shooters (like 007) because im using a classic PRO controller and the joystick wants to steadily pull down rendering my aimer useless. However my Classic controller works fine. go figure

I have had issues with Conkers Bad Fur Day, Donkey Kong 64, South Park, Perfect Dark theres a long list but those were most anticipated

Super Mario 64 - about 40% through it without problems.

Diddy kong Racing - about 40% through it without problems

Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time - about 80% through it without problems

Rush 2000 - No Problems yet

Rally Challenge 2000 - No problems yet

not sure the country of origin on any of these so this list is pretty worthless

*i dont consider it a problem unless it prevents me from playing the game. I can overlook texture/mapping problems that can be annoying

PDXDrifter

Back to top Go down

Post  Selim873 Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:03 pm

Oh, I'm definitely sure that it'll get better!

*In case you didn't catch the news yet*
They're rewriting the entire dynarec from scratch to make it simpler, and much easier to iron out bugs, plus preserving it's current performance, and they're scrapping the old glN64 video plugin and they're porting Rice's plugin! I sure as heck can't wait! Very Happy

In the emulator's condition on February earlier this year (When the news were posted) Conker now runs, at a speed of 14VI/s, 3FPS! (That's about 1/4 to 1/5 speed of the PAL version!)

SOURCE
Wii64 Compatability? Cbfd1

Plus, I've already beaten SM64 last year or so, 100% perfect!

Also*

Mega Man 64 : The game is very playable, speed can fall to a minimum of 75% or so, can be beaten, but make sure that frame buffer is ON while fighting the second segment of Juno (last boss) because one of his attacks will give you a code dump if frame buffer is off, but if you want the best experience with that game, just play Mega Man Legends on WiiSX, same game, and MUCH more compatible.
Selim873
Selim873

Back to top Go down

Post  PDXDrifter Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:21 pm

awesome i look forward to it. Maybe my classic PRO controller wont be so sensitive (it pulls back all the time.)

Mario is a fun one. I didnt think i could get the "wall kicks will work" star on my wii but wow it was easier than i thought

PDXDrifter

Back to top Go down

Post  Selim873 Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:45 pm

Star Fox 64 (U) : Beatable, occasional slow downs that hit 95% minimum. Very compatible! Wink

A lot more coming this way, my friend handed me a flash drive today with over 200 roms that we both backed up with his good 'ol Z64 attachment over the years! Very Happy

But looking about the Z64 today, we were smart Kindergartners for knowing how to back up N64 games! Cool

Last edited by Selim873 on Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Selim873
Selim873

Back to top Go down

Post  PDXDrifter Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:08 pm

i got a lot of roms from a third party website and it seems like they dont have what i want or their file doesnt work on my wii64 emulator

PDXDrifter

Back to top Go down

Post  Selim873 Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:23 pm

Here's a good site, you're going to have to decode the bar code yourself, because I don't want to give out the actual html link because of ROM distribution.

Wii64 Compatability? 4653837
Selim873
Selim873

Back to top Go down

Post  gbatenp Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:19 am

i tried Fighting Force 64 which supposed to work and doesn't runs fine for me. I only get 2d background on gameplay, no polys on screen. what happend?? Sad(

gbatenp

Back to top Go down

Post  PDXDrifter Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:37 am

its kinda sad, but i dont think the N64 emulator is that great. It seems to struggle with most games i wanna play and even the games it manages to reproduce always seem one off. I hope to see more updates in the future for this software

PDXDrifter

Back to top Go down

Post  ufuqindumbarse Thu May 29, 2014 10:49 pm

well im glad that the fuckin wiibrew site linked to here, and its nothing but a fucking piece of shit forum that no one ever built.

ill make sure to change the link so no other hapless people wander to this fucking wasteland. you bunch of fucking dumbasses.

note thats why i chose this fucking name. because i knew even when i registered there'd be nothing. thats why i chose it, because u are a fuqin dumbarse.

suck on my dick bitches.

ufuqindumbarse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum